Establishing a boutique wealth management firm when we did was considered ‘radical’ at the time – we didn’t want to think and act mainstream like every other financial institution. To continue to be successful we need to continue to think radically.
Leveraging years of experience working with high-profile clients and leading financial institutions both in Australia and internationally including in Hong Kong, London, New York, and Tokyo, our advisory services continue to succeed in the delivery of positive outcomes with a strong emphasis on risk management for our clients.
Expert Advisory Services
Our areas of expertise include unbiased, ongoing advisory services on financial strategy, asset allocation and asset management. We continue to be active investors – all the funds we recommend have been researched extensively to ensure they meet our requirements for risk-based returns, liquidity, costs and compliance.
We help those with philanthropic intentions to fulfil their desires through the selection of suitable philanthropic trusts and strategies as well as having many major not-for-profit organisations as clients.
We are proudly based in Melbourne with clients around Australia, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. We regard ourselves as ‘Glocal’ – a locally-based firm with a global-minded attitude, valuing our strategic alliances with like-minded organisations in Geneva, Hong Kong, London, Madrid and New York.
For as long as Hamilton Wealth Partners has been established we have provided our clients with a smart, thoroughly informed, individual approach to wealth management. In other words: We Help Our Clients Spend Their Time Exactly The Way They Want.
Get To Know The People behind Hamilton Wealth Partners.
Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
Hamilton Wealth Partners acknowledges that many investors require Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) practices. We maintain a commitment to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations, where a client sees ESG as an important investment consideration, given they may significantly impact the value of a company.
According to the US Social Investment Forum, the definition of Socially Responsible Investing is “an investment process that considers the social and environmental consequences of investments, both positive and negative, within the context of rigorous and financial analysis. It is a process of identifying and investing in companies that meet certain standards of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).”
Hamilton Wealth Partners requests that each Fund on our Approved Product List (APL) provide details on their ESG policy, including whether they are a member of the Responsible Investment Association of Australasia (RIAA) or a signatory of the United Nations Principles of Responsible Investment (UNPRI).
The UNPRI is a voluntary, aspirational initiative developed in association with some of the world’s leading asset owners and investment managers. They provide a framework for integrating ESG considerations into investment decision-making.
The six principles provide guidance on the following:
- Incorporating ESG considerations into investment analysis and decision-making processes;
- Being active owners and incorporating ESG issues into ownership policies and practises;
- Seeking appropriate disclosure on ESG issues from the entities invested in;
- Promoting the principles within the investment industry;
- Working collaboratively to enhance the effectiveness of the principles; and
- Reporting progress on implementing the principles.
Where a fund manager is not a signatory to the UNPRI but its ESG policy as a minimum meets the above requirements, we may approve that fund manager for ESG purposes. Not every fund manager on our APL is ESG compliant, but we maintain a register of those that are, as we recognise this is important to many investors.
As we believe strongly in the saying that “wealth without values is simply money”, we are able to take into account a family or organisations values in constructing a portfolio, and ensure the values are strictly adhered to.
All the partners at Hamilton Wealth Partners have passed the UNPRI, Responsible Investment Essentials and are members of the RIAA.
Hamilton Wealth Partners is proud to be 100% committed to the Banking and Finance Oath (BFO).
In line with the values that we as a business believe in and our unifying purpose “Wealth without Values is simply Money”, we asked all employees if they would like to take the BFO. In an industry which is crying out for independence and objectivity we saw this as a further means to differentiate ourselves as a business based on what we stand for.
We are proud of our reputation and have received several accolades and awards celebrating our success:
- 2020 FS Power50 – 50 Most Influential Advisers in Australia
- Barrons Top Financial Advisors 2021 – Hamilton Wealth Partners for the fifth consecutive year has rated in the Australia’s Top 100 Financial Advisers list. Will Hamilton, our Managing Partner has once again made this coveted list, which is compiled for The Australian newspaper by US publication Barron’s.
- Industry Thought Leader of the Year award at the annual ifa Excellence Awards 2020
- ifa Excellence Award – Company, for best performing and Best Client Servicing – Company award, at the ifa Excellence Awards 2020
- ifa Excellence Award – our Managing Partner, Will Hamilton was awarded the prestigious ifa Excellence Award – Individual.